DraftKings & FanDuel DFS NBA GPP News and Notes for March 18, 2017
On days that there’s a nice slate of DFS NBA games, we’ll give you the game totals, point spreads, and pertinent injury news to follow for NBA daily fantasy, as well as some players that we’re considering for our lineups on DraftKings and FanDuel.
Taking a look at the DFS NBA contests for March 18, DraftKings is rolling out a $40 buy-in Saturday Spin Move with $350k guaranteed and $50k going to first place. As usual, they’ve got their $4 Four Point Play, today featuring a $300k guarantee. At FanDuel, they’ve got the $3 Shot with $275k guaranteed, and they’ve bumped the Slam buy-in up to $40 and given it a $250k guarnatee.
PLAYERS RULED OUT
INJURY NEWS TO MONITOR
DFS NBA GAME SPREADS, TOTALS & START TIME FOR TODAY’S GAMES
Wizards @ Hornets -2.5 (7:00p): 215.5
Cavs @ Clippers -3.5 (8:30p): 218.5
Jazz -6 @ Bulls (9:00p): 191
Spurs -3.5 @ Grizzlies (9:00p): 196.5
Rockets -2.5 @ Nuggets (9:30p): 239.5
Bucks @ Warriors -11 (10:30p): 214.5
Back to Backs
Bulls (back end)
Rockets (back end)
Wizards (back end)
Bucks (back end)
Cavs (front end)
Spurs (front end)
DFS NBA Quick Takes for 3/18/17
– The biggest news on this slate is whether or not Kyrie Irving is going to play. If he sits, Deron Williams ($4.4k DK) becomes a near must-play in a competitive game with a decent total. LeBron James is in play no matter what and possesses the second highest ceiling on the slate, behind only James Harden. If Kyrie sits, LBJ moves from a very strong to an elite play.
– Speaking of James Harden ($12.4k DK, $11.8k FD), he played over 39 minutes in a loss at New Orleans last night. Then they got on a plane and flew to Denver (read: altitude) to play Nuggets tonight. Something to consider as you decide whether or not to try and jam in The Beard and his lofty price tag. That said, you have to have at least some exposure. The guy has posted a triple-double in three straight games!
– Staying in Denver, Jamal Murray is a way to get some cheap exposure to the Rockets/Nuggets game that checks in with a 239.5 total. He’s just $4.4k on FanDuel and $4.9k on DK where he has PG and SG eligibility. He’s played 29 and 25 minutes in his last two and with all of Denver’s injuries, he should have a floor of about 25 minutes and a ceiling of 30+ DK points. Will Barton and Gary Harris are also affordable options for the Nuggets.
– Giannis Antetokounmpo ($9.7k DK, $10.6k FD) hasn’t cleared 50 fantasy points in five straight games and has done so only twice in his last 11 games (five of those games he didn’t clear 36 DK points). DraftKings is tempting us with the lowered salary, but Steph Curry is actually $200 cheaper and has been much more consistent over the same time span.
– With all the players out for Utah, Joe Ingles ($4.4k DK, $4.1k FD) is sure to get the start again today. He played nearly 36 minutes last game and played pretty poorly, still finishing with 24 DK points. If he gets another 35 minutes today, you can expect much of the same with 30 point upside.
– Khris Middleton is coming off his best scoring game of the season, getting 30 real life points. The Bucks were very cautious with Middleton earlier in the season, but they’re clinging on for dear life to a playoff spot, so they just can’t afford to sit or limit one of their best players. I’ll be rolling out Middleton with confidence (unless we hear otherwise) and think he’s one of the better mid-tier SF plays on the slate in a high scoring, high tempo contest.
– If Markieff Morris is out again with his sinus issue, Jason Smith, who is the stone minimum price on both sites, becomes a must-play. If he gets his 20 or so minutes, he’s going to put up at least a fantasy point per minute. Don’t overthink this one.
– Other places we’re finding value: Juancho Hernangomez, Zaza Pachulia, Andre Iguodala, and Nikola Mirotic.