FanDuel is an industry leading daily fantasy site that offers a wide variety of tournaments that are friendly to both new and experienced players.
FanDuel Promo Code 2017
New players at FanDuel will receive 5 free entries (up to $50 value) for using our exclusive FanDuel link.
FanDuel Deposits & Withdrawals
FanDuel accepts deposits via Visa credit cards and PayPal. Mastercard and American Express can be used for deposits through PayPal.
FanDuel restricts deposits in a calendar month to $1,000 in Massachusetts and $2,500 in Tennessee to adhere to state requirements.
Withdrawal requests to PayPal will be processed within 48 hours. Check withdrawals take 7-10 days to process. Players may be required to provide additional information as part of FanDuel’s anti-fraud policy.
FanDuel Bonuses & Rewards
Player rewards are distributed in FanDuel Points (FDP) and are earned every time a player enters a real money contest. FDPs are earned at a rate of 10 FDP for every $1 in contest buy-in.
FanDuel Points can be redeemed at the FanDuel store for swag, or a player can buy directly into contests using their FDP. 2,400 FDP equals $1 of contest buy-in.
FanDuel also runs monthly Freeroll contests for loyal customers.
– 1,000 FDP = $2,000 freeroll
– 5,000 FDP = $3,000 freeroll
– 15,000 FDP = $5,000 freeroll
– 50,000 FDP = $8,000 freeroll
Users can choose from DFS contests in NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Golf, and Soccer.
The largest tournaments on FanDuel are known as Guaranteed Prize Pools (GPPs) and are guaranteed to pay out the specified prizes regardless of whether or not the contest reaches its maximum amount of entries. The buy-in on these contests range from $1 to over $10,000.
Head to Head (H2H) contests are between two participants where the winner takes the entire prize pool, less the site fee (a.k.a. rake).
There are also Double-Up, 50/50, and Multiplier contests. Double-Up contests pay just under half of all players entered, with the contestants finishing in the money doubling their buy-in. The 50/50 contests pay exactly half the field, and contestants finishing in the money receive a sum double their buy-in, less the site entry fee. A Multiplier contest pays out anywhere from 3x to 10x buy-in for those that finish in the money.
FanDuel offers a wide variety of Single Entry tournaments at every buy-in level. Single entry tournaments ensure every player in the contest has the same chance of winning. FanDuel also features 3-Max and 5-Max entry tournaments.
Beginner and Intermediate contests are also available for newer DFS players. A customer may enter Beginner contests until they have reached 50 entries. From there, a customer may participate in Intermediate GPPs, 50/50s, and Double Ups until they’ve reached 500 contests entered.
FanDuel Salaries and Lineup Construction
The salary cap on FanDuel depends on the sport, but generally players are given a budget of $60,000 from which to select their players.
Roster construction by sport:
NFL: 9 roster positions: QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, WR3, TE, Kicker, D/ST
NBA: 9 roster positions: PG1, PG2, SG1, SG2, SF1, SF2, PF1, PF2, C
MLB: 9 roster positions: P, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF1, OF2, OF3
NHL: 9 roster positions: C1, C2, W1, W2, W3, W4, D1, D2, G
Soccer: 8 roster positions: F1, F2, M1, M2, M3, D1, D2, G
There is no flexibility with regards to player positions as each player is only eligible at one position in any sport on FanDuel.
FanDuel also locks all lineups when the first game of a particular slate begins, so each participants roster is set and will not change throughout the course of a contest.
Why FanDuel Instead of DraftKings
– Familiarity: FanDuel uses kickers in their NFL product. They use strict position eligibility and no flex spots. These is likely much more similar to the season long fantasy product you’ve played for years with your friends, shortening the learning curve.
– No Late Swap: At FanDuel, you set it and forget it. Once lineups lock, you can go about the rest of your day or night without having to worry about whether or not you should be making changes to your lineups.
– Loose Salaries: FanDuel typically prices players more affordably than DraftKings which can allow you to fit in more of the big name players into your lineups. Just remember, if you’re doing it, other people are too!
– Flatter Payouts: It’s a dream come true to turn $20 into a million. But what about 2nd place? $100k? WOW. That’s not the case at FanDuel where most tournaments pay a lower percentage of the prize pool to 1st place, but much more money to the rest of the top positions.
– Single Entry: FanDuel has really taken the lead in single entry contest offerings. The lobby is littered with single entry tournaments at all buy-in levels. For those that don’t want to battle competitors with tons of entries into the same GPP, these contests are for you.